Abyss Web Server version 2.5 adds support for secure SSL/TLS connections (HTTPS)
September 19, 2007
Aprelium Technologies is proud to announce the release of new updates for both editions of Abyss Web Server for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and FreeBSD:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.5: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.5: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
The new releases add the following features:
- Secure SSL/TLS connections (HTTPS) support.
- Integrated interface to manage, import, self-sign, and request the signature of SSL certificates.
- A tool to setup automatic start up on computer boot time for the Linux and FreeBSD versions.
- Updated documentation.
The new releases also include several internal enhancements and fix the problems that have been reported with previous versions.
Tutorials about SSL certificates creation and secure connections setup have been added to the articles collection.
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.
Aprelium Technologies thanks all the users' community of Abyss Web Server for their suggestions and continuous support and especially (alphabetical order):
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.