Abyss Web Server
Compact, easy to use and feature-rich
Abyss Web Server is a compact web server available for Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems.
Despite its small footprint, it supports HTTP/2, secure SSL/TLS connections (HTTPS), automated provisioning and renewal of free certificates from Let's Encrypt® (ACME v2), IPv6, on-the-fly HTTP compression, dynamic content generation through CGI/FastCGI scripts, ISAPI extensions, native ASP.NET, HTTP/HTTPS/WebSocket reverse proxying, eXtended Side Includes (XSSI), custom error pages, password protection, IP address control, anti-leeching, bandwidth throttling, and log rotation.
It also features an automatic antihacking system as well as a multilingual remote web management interface that makes its configuration as easy as browsing a web site.
Major features All the Features
- Native support for 64-bit platforms
- Virtual hosting (support for many hosts on a single computer)
- Secure SSL/TLS connections (HTTPS), Dual hosts (HTTP+HTTPS), SNI support (Server Name Indication - allows virtual hosting of several HTTPS sites on a single IP address), and a comprehensible SSL/TLS certificates management interface
- Automated request, installation, and renewal of free certificates from ACME-compliant certification authorities such as Let's Encrypt®.
- On-the-fly HTTP compression
- Native ASP.NET support
- Support for PHP, Perl, Python, "Classic" ASP, and almost any Web scripting language including the ability to run database (MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc...) backed Web applications
- Reverse-proxying Web application engines such as Tomcat, Jetty, node.js, and ASP.NET Core (Kesterel)
- Reverse-proxying WebSocket servers
- CGI, FastCGI, and ISAPI extensions support
- Custom directory listings
- URL Rewriting engine
- Reverse proxy support with HTTP/1.1 compatibility and connection pooling
- Multilingual remote web configuration interface (console)
- Unicode and IDN (International Domain Names) support
- Automatic anti-hacking system and an anti-leeching system to control cross-site linking
- Server-wide, per file, and per directory bandwidth control
- Log rotation and custom logging formats
- X-Sendfile support and restricted/token-based downloads
- IPv6 support
- Windows System Service, macOS Launch Daemon, and Linux daemon support (Automatic startup when the computer boots up)
Supported operating systems
All editions (64 and 32-bit) of Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP
All editions (64 and 32-bit) of Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, Home Server, and 2003
|macOS 13 (Ventura), macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.14 (Mojave), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS 10.12 (Sierra), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10 (Yosemite), and 10.9 (Mavericks) on all 64-bit Intel-based and all ARM-based Apple Silicon Macintosh computers.|
Linux for Intel x64 (64-bit) and x86 (32-bit)
Any Linux distribution released after 2006 - requires GLIBC 2.4 or later and Linux kernel 2.4 or later
Available in two editions
Depending on your use and your needs, you may choose one of the two available editions (what's the difference?):
- Abyss Web Server X1 Free Download
- Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 Buy Now
- Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of update protection (includes free access to new versions and priority technical support).
- Abyss Web Server X1 vs. Abyss Web Server X2
- View the features summary and learn about the differences between the personal and the professional edition.
- Overview of Abyss Web Server capabilities
- Find out about the major features of Abyss Web Server.
- Abyss Web Server users & customers
- Abyss Web Server X1 is used worldwide and X2 customers are from more than 75 countries.
- Abyss Web Server in the media
- Some of the books, reviews, and publications featuring Abyss Web Server.
- Getting Started
- 5 minutes is all you need to read this tutorial and start using Abyss Web Server.
- Press Information
- Official information about the software for journalists and editors.
- Support Abyss Web Server!
- Useful recommendations for Abyss Web Server fans.
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.