Maintenance release of Abyss Web Server available (version 2.14.1)
March 17, 2021
Aprelium announces the availability of new releases of both editions of Abyss Web Server for Windows, macOS, and Linux:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.14.1: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.14.1: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
Users of previous versions should upgrade as soon as possible to this new release.
The new version is a maintenance release with the following changes:
- Added the Norwegian certification authority BuyPass as an alternative for delivering free ACME certificates;
- Added the ability to stop/restart ACME orders for free certificates;
- Improved error reporting when ACME orders fail;
- Updated the SSL/TLS engine;
- Added TLS/1.3 support to the console (remote Web management interface);
- Fixed a bug related to parsing malformed HTTP dates in requests that could result in a denial of service under load. This vulnerability was reported by Jan Kopecky and is registered under CVE-2021-3328;
- Fixed a bug related to handling malformed HTTP Range requests.
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.