Abyss Web Server version 2.11 is out!
April 5, 2016
After the long wait, Aprelium is glad to announce the release of new updates for both editions of Abyss Web Server for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.11: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.11: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
Users of previous versions should upgrade as soon as possible to this new version.
- SNI support (virtual hosting of HTTPS sites on the same IP);
- HTTP/1.1 reverse-proxy with connection pooling;
- Responsive console to make it accessible on mobiles/tablets as well as normal computers.
This update improves SSL/TLS support by:
- Adding support for SHA2 signed certificates;
- Disabling the now obsolete RC4 cipher;
- Providing default SSL/TLS parameters with high levels of encryption.
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.