Maintenance release of Abyss Web Server just released (version 2.11.2)
Oct 24, 2016
Aprelium has just made available new releases of both editions of Abyss Web Server for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.11.2: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.11.2: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
Users of previous versions should upgrade as soon as possible to this new version.
The new version is a maintenance release with the following changes:
- Updated SSL/TLS engine;
- Added prevention to the httpoxy CGI vulnerabilty;
- Fixed an Unquoted Service Path Privilege Escalation in Windows versions reported in https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/40460/;
- Fixed the Install as a Startup Item misbehavior in modern Mac OS X versions.
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.