New maintenance release of Abyss Web Server (version 2.11.1)
May 5, 2016
Aprelium has just made available new releases of both editions of Abyss Web Server for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.11.1: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.11.1: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
Users of previous versions should upgrade as soon as possible to this new version.
The new version is mainly a maintenance release with the following changes:
- Updated SSL/TLS engine;
- Updated ASP.NET engine to prevent spurious exceptions and error 500 occurrences;
- Fixed the SSL/TLS libraries deployment when installing the 32-bit edition on a 64-bit Windows OS;
- Fixed a minor issue in the console URL rewriting dialog.
- Fixed a bug in the reverse proxy preventing mapping local path / to remote path / (bug introduced in 2.11).
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.