.NET Framework Setup
Depending on the ASP.NET applications you will use, you may need to install .NET Framework version 1.1, 2.0, 3.5, or 4.X (Full). You can download and install them from Windows Update or by using the links listed below.
Please note that Abyss Web Server integrated connector only supports .NET Framework. However, .NET Core is not supported by the integrated connector but can still be served using the reverse-proxy feature of Abyss Web Server.
.NET Framework Version 4.X (Full)
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.X (Full) Standalone Installer.
- Please note that some versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7 ship with a version of .NET Framework version 4.0 which lacks the ASP.NET support. It is officially called .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile. ASP.NET support is only available in the .NET Framework 4.0 (Full) version.
.NET Framework Version 3.5 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework Version 2.0
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86).
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1: This download is highly recommended for security reasons and should be installed after setting up Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package.
.NET Framework Version 1.1
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package (x86).
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1: This download is highly recommended for security reasons and should be installed after setting up Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package.
Side-by-side .NET Framework Setup
Note that you can install more than one version of the framework on the same computer (also known as side-by-side .NET Framework setup). In such a case, you can configure in Abyss Web Server which version of the .NET Framework to use with each ASP.NET application you have.
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.