Joined: 29 May 2006
Location: Michigan, USA
|Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:40 pm Post subject:
|Hello sxkimster. Welcome to the forums.
Here are the steps to getting a domain working.
1. Install Abyss on the server computer.
-Make sure Abyss is working right by going to http://127.0.0.1.
2. Assign the server computer a static IP address within you LAN.
3. Perform port forwarding (port 80, TCP connections) to the server computer.
4. Access your IP address - ex: http://18.104.22.168
-If this works, you're very close!
5. Go into your domain's DNS records. You want an A record pointing to your IP address.
Wait about 5 minutes and type in the domain name in your browser.
If it doesn't work, flush your DNS cache ( ipconfig /dnsflush from the command line in WinXP). Then type ping mydomain.com at the command prompt. See if your IP address appears. It should :)
If you're still unsure whether others can connect to your site (either by IP address or domain name), go to proxify.com and type in your site and see if it comes up.
Need a LitlURL?