Sendmail Install (This Time Im Lost)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DumbNewb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:44 am    Post subject: Sendmail Install (This Time Im Lost) Reply with quote

How do I install sendmail on my perl modules??? I have windows 2000 and really want nothing to do with nmake or makefile.pl the simple way is the best way... and when it says in a file to specify location of my sendmail script it says... /usr/htdocs/sendmail or something like that... Where the hell is usr??? Many other programs like the upload manager had a file it wanted to write to a /usr/ folder and it never wrote the file anywhere...
Thanks,
DumbNewb

I hope I dont figure out the solution again :D
I have read just about everything...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh shoot did it again...
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sendmail Install (This Time Im Lost) Reply with quote

DumbNewb wrote:
How do I install sendmail on my perl modules??? I have windows 2000 and really want nothing to do with nmake or makefile.pl the simple way is the best way... and when it says in a file to specify location of my sendmail script it says... /usr/htdocs/sendmail or something like that... Where the hell is usr??? Many other programs like the upload manager had a file it wanted to write to a /usr/ folder and it never wrote the file anywhere...
Thanks,
DumbNewb

I hope I dont figure out the solution again :D
I have read just about everything...

/usr/... are typical directories in UNIX systems. Since you didn't have a UNIX system but a Windows one, you should check first if your script is compatible with Windows. Second, it is your reponsibility to edit the script and change the values of some parameters in order to work correctly on your platform.
Scripts are not plug and play toys :( especially if they target UNIX people. Those latter are used to hack the code. No installers, no help, they just edit the code and change it to suit their needs.
For sendmail, please do a search in the forum, many topics discuss about it.
tobi@8xs.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:55 am    Post subject: sendmail on windows Reply with quote

you need a program called blat.exe
search for it on the web, install it. (should be freeware)
if you installed it to D:/blat
the path to sendmail on your windows system is:

D:/blat/blat.exe

works!
DirkJ
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: sendmail on windows Reply with quote

tobi@8xs.com wrote:
you need a program called blat.exe
search for it on the web, install it. (should be freeware)
if you installed it to D:/blat
the path to sendmail on your windows system is:

D:/blat/blat.exe

works!

wish I knew about blat.exe before I wrote my own MTA in ActiveState Perl... could have saved me the hassle of opening socket on port 25 and then doing HELO, MAIL FROM, RCPT TO, DATA, etc... oh well, now at least I speak SMTP.

d
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I get some help on how to setup blat?

Do I just unzip the blat program into a folder and access it from there?
Doesn't blat need an smtp server?
If so which can I use on win98? Any freeware?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Finding BLAT (MTA for Windows) Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Can I get some help on how to setup blat?

Do I just unzip the blat program into a folder and access it from there?
Doesn't blat need an smtp server?
If so which can I use on win98? Any freeware?

there's a readme with blat and the program is fairly straight forward, so I suggest you dive into the readme and the help function. It's not difficult and can be used on all flavors of WINDOWS. You'll find the BLAT page on the following pointer:

http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/blat.html

enjoy, DirkJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: