Download speeds help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Download speeds help Reply with quote

I set this up to allow some family to download a multimedia file I made. It is 173 mB, so I could not email it or put it on my comcast website (limit of 25 mB). The site was very simple, just says click here to download video. They can click it or right click it to save to disk. I have cable modem, and a friend has cable modem. He tested it for me, and when he right clicked to save to disk, the d/l speed was around 14 kb/S. If the upload speed is around 125 kb/S or greater, and obviously his d/l speed is fine, why is this soooo slow. Am I missing something. When I go to things like KaZaa, the speeds range to d/l from slow (1 kb/S) all the way up to over 100. My friend is on comcast also, and he did a trace route to my web site, and it showed only 2 hops, with no slowdown. Is this just normal and I am stuck with this speed, or is there a way to speed this up.

BTW, the site is www.barmitzvah.dynu.com and it is up for the time being.

Thanks...
kent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your server has very slow response time
im on dsl with download speeds of 413 kbps and that file says its going to take 3 hours and 45 minutes to download... very slow for the speed I have here.. I can download a much larger file at 250MB in AN HOUR... YOURS IS ONLY 173MB large so yes your server is responding very slow to my request .

Kent.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone a different route to solve my problem so this site is no longer active...

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: