learning ASP.NET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Z.K.
-

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: learning ASP.NET Reply with quote

I am new to ASP.NET, but I set up my web server on Windows 2000 and it seems to work including the ASP.NET folder configurations. I created a sample file as below and placed in a sub directory \ASP.NET\1.1\ in my htdocs directory and try to access it by typing http://computername/ASP.NET/1.1 in the address bar of my browser, but all I get is the filename listing and if I click on it the browser tries to download it. I am just wondering what I am doing wrong.

I decided to use IE6 instead of Firefox and this time when I click on the file it almost works, it just does not display the date as it should. Will Firefox not work with ASP.NET then? I am almost sure I have gone to web pages that have aspx extensions.

code:
<%@ Page language="C#" %>
<html>
<head>
<title>Testing ASP.NET and C# on my first ASP.NET web page</title>
</head>
<body>
<h2>Testing ASP.NET and C# on my first ASP.NET web page</h2>

Today's Date:
<%=DateTime.Now.ToString()%>
</body>
</html>
-

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: found solution Reply with quote

Well, this is an answer to my own question, but if this can help someone else than I am glad to help.

I just discovered that the Abyss Web Server does not like periods in the directory names as in /test/1.1 or whatever. This was why my simple little asp.net web page was not working. I renamed those directories and now everything works just great. Now, I can get on with learning ASP.NET.
-

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing........
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
chromebuster
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. I'll fix my directory name too. I have an ASP.net subdirectory in there, and maybe that makes my error happen with firefox. it always tells me that it can't find the server.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> ASP.NET All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: