Adding Perl-ISAPI Support
Adding Perl support using the ISAPI interface is recommended for advanced users only. If you cannot install Perl-ISAPI support, please use the alternative method: Adding Perl support using the CGI interface.
For more information about the advantages and disadvantages of ISAPI, please read What's the difference between the CGI and the ISAPI interfaces?.
Download and install Perl
- Download ActivePerl from http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl and install it.
Declare the interpreter
Open Abyss Web Server's console. In the Hosts table, press Configure in the row corresponding to the host to which you want to add Perl support.
If there is no Hosts table in the main screen of your console, this means that you are using an old version of Abyss Web Server. Please upgrade to the latest version before proceeding. Upgrading is free, straightforward, and preserves your current server configuration. Click here to download the latest version.
- Select Scripting Parameters.
- Check Enable Scripts Execution.
- Press Add in the Interpreters table.
Set Interface to CGI/ISAPI.
Note that if you do not find an Interface field, you can ignore this step and continue with the following instructions.
- In the Interpreter field, press Browse..., go to the directory where you have installed Perl, click on the bin subdirectory, and click on perlis.dll.
- Set Type to ActivePerl ISAPI.
- Check Use the associated extensions to automatically update the Script Paths.
- Press Add in the Associated Extensions table.
- Enter pl in the Extension field and press OK.
- Press again Add in the Associated Extensions table.
- Enter cgi in the Extension field and press OK.
- Press OK
- Press OK in the Scripting Parameters dialog.
Declare new index files
- Select Index Files.
- Press Add in the Index Files table.
- Enter index.pl in the File Name field and press OK.
- Press again Add in the Index Files table.
- Enter index.cgi in the File Name field and press OK.
Apply the modifications
- Press Restart to restart the server.
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.