Testing reverse-proxying a HTTPS site
In this article, we demonstrate how to reverse-proxy a site with HTTPS. For that, we're going to reverse proxy the whole google.com from one of your hosts.
- Open the console
- Create a new host or select an already existing one
- Press Configure associated with the host that will be configured for reverse-proxying
- Select Reverse Proxy
- In the displayed screen, press Add in the Reverse Proxy Rules table
- Enter / in the Local Virtual Path field
- Enter www.google.com in the Remote Host field
- Set Remote Port to 443
- Set Remote Virtual Path to /
- Check HTTPS
- Press OK
- Press Restart
Now browse the host you've just configured. You should see the main Google page. Try interacting with the site to verify that your host is transparently serving content from google.com while you're actually browsing your own site.
- Configuring a reverse proxyArticle
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.