Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 released
April 4, 2003
Aprelium Technologies is proud to announce the availability of a new update of Abyss Web Server X1 (version 1.1.4).
Users of former versions are encouraged to upgrade since this update fixes many issues and adds the following features:
- Improved SSI engine: SSI pages are processed faster.
- Better compliance with Windows XP.
- Minimum password length is now 5 characters.
- Directory listing has been updated: displayed file names are no more restricted to 24 characters. Besides, the default font of the browser is now used for better readability.
- Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 for Windows (134 Kb)
- Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 for Linux (108 Kb) (To install it, use the command tar xzfm abwsx1.tgz)
Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 is shipped with its full documentation in HTML format. The same documentation is available at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/doc.html in several other formats suitable for printing or online browsing.
Upgrading the Windows version:
To upgrade from a previous version, download Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 for Windows and run the installer. It will detect the presence of an older version and will ask you to uninstall it. Once the old version removed, the installer will set up the new one.
CAUTION: Be careful and read all the on-screen dialog boxes. In fact, the uninstaller will ask you if you want to remove the directory where Abyss Web Server was set up. You must answer NO to keep your web site and your configuration file.
Upgrading the Linux version:
Download Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 for Linux, go to the directory where the old version of Abyss Web Server is installed and execute the following commands (which purpose is replacing the old application files with newer ones):
mv htdocs/index.html htdocs/index.html.bak
tar xfzm abwsx1.tgz
mv htdocs/index.html.bak htdocs/index.html
If errors are reported when executing the first and the last command, ignore them: they occurred because you have no index.html file in the htdocs directory.
Aprelium Technologies thanks the beta testers of Abyss Web Server for their help and support.
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.