Abyss Web Server version 2.4 now supports URL Rewriting, Ruby on Rails, Windows Vista, and Intel-based Macs.
January 10, 2007
Aprelium Technologies is proud to announce the release of new updates for both editions of Abyss Web Server:
- Abyss Web Server X1 version 2.4: Free personal edition. It isn't a trial version or a demo. It is a fully usable personal web server with no limitations, no nag screens, no spyware, and no advertisements.
- Abyss Web Server X2 version 2.4: Professional edition priced at US $59.95. It is a professional web server which comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of priority technical support.
The new releases add the following features:
- Vista support for the Windows version: the new version takes into account all the changes that the new operating system introduces.
- Universal Binary for the Mac OS X version: it contains native executables for both PowerPC and Intel-based platforms for maximum performance on any Macintosh computer.
- URL rewriting engine
- Ruby on Rails framework support
- New FastCGI modes: support for both standalone and remote FastCGI servers.
- Minor console enhancements (ordering buttons in tables and status codes list)
- Updated documentation
The new releases also include several internal enhancements and fix the problems that have been reported with the previous versions.
Articles and tutorials about URL rewriting and Ruby on Rails setup have been added to the main support page.
For Abyss Web Server X1 Users
Visit Downloads to get the new version of Abyss Web Server. Installation and upgrading instructions are provided on the download page.
For Abyss Web Server X2 Users
Open Abyss Web Server's console, select Help & Support, and click on Check for Updates.
Aprelium Technologies thanks all the users' community of Abyss Web Server for their suggestions and continuous support and especially (alphabetical order):
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.