New version of Abyss Web Server X1 released
July 17, 2003
Aprelium Technologies is proud to announce the availability of a new release of Abyss Web Server X1 (version 1.1.6).
The major new features included in this version are:
- Ability to run Windows GUI CGI executables (such as those written with Borland Delphi and many BASIC interpreters/compilers).
- Support for PHP version 4.3.2 and later.
- Improved URL decoding engine.
It solves problems and fixes bugs recently discovered:
- URLs of the form http://site/path/?query are now correctly redirected to http://site/path/indexfile?query.
- Request dates for time zones that are of the form GMT -hh:mm are now correctly logged.
- The behavior of redirection with cookies is now fixed.
- No more Internal server errors (Error 500) when the server is run for several days.
- Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 (v 1.1.6) for Windows (135 Kb)
- Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 (v 1.1.6) for Linux (110 Kb) (To install it, use the command tar xzfm abwsx1.tgz)
Upgrading the Windows version:
To upgrade from the previous version, download Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 (v 1.1.6) for Windows and run the installer. It will detect the presence of an older version and will ask you to uninstall it. Once the old version removed, the installer will setup the new one.
CAUTION: Be careful and read all the on-screen dialog boxes. In fact, the uninstaller will ask you if you want to remove Abyss Web Server's setup directory. You must answer NO to keep your web site and your configuration file.
If the server reports error 500 when you browse some files (especially HTML or image files), open the console, select Server Configuration, click Advanced..., then select CGI Parameters, and set Resolve interpreter using the Windows Registry to No. Press OK and then press Restart.
Upgrading the Linux version:
Download Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 (v 1.1.6) for Linux, go to the directory where the old version of Abyss Web Server is installed and execute the following commands (which purpose is replacing the old application files with newer ones):
mv htdocs/index.html htdocs/index.html.bak
tar xfzm abwsx1.tgz
mv htdocs/index.html.bak htdocs/index.html
If errors are reported when executing the first and the last command, ignore them: they occurred because you have no index.html file in the htdocs directory.
Abyss Web Server X1 Update 1 is shipped with its full documentation in HTML format. The same documentation is available in http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/doc.html in several other formats suitable for printing or online browsing.
Keep in touch with us
Sign up for our low volume newsletter to get product announcements, articles and power tips.