Help with ABYSS Web Server X2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toeme
-

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Help with ABYSS Web Server X2 Reply with quote

um i'm new at all these web hosting things, but i've tried setting up a website but i have no luck lately with it. I set up my host file like
127.0.0.1 [website adress], i made a new host in my abyss, i forwarded port 80, i went to www.no-ip.com and got a dns, i downloaded the program so i can be updated with them daily, i put files in my c:\sites\website1 i set up almost everything correctly, but when i go to my internet explorer and type in my website's name, it says i don't have permission to enter the site? is there a problem with my router's web permission i need to go change or theres something i did wrong in my abyss? i really need help thank you.

-Toeme
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
olly86
-

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the error page have something like displayed on it:
Quote:
Powered by Abyss Web Server X2
© Aprelium Technologies - 2001-2006

or something else, in which case your request has not reached Abyss?
-

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Help with ABYSS Web Server X2 Reply with quote

toeme wrote:
um i'm new at all these web hosting things, but i've tried setting up a website but i have no luck lately with it. I set up my host file like
127.0.0.1 [website adress], i made a new host in my abyss, i forwarded port 80, i went to www.no-ip.com and got a dns, i downloaded the program so i can be updated with them daily, i put files in my c:\sites\website1 i set up almost everything correctly, but when i go to my internet explorer and type in my website's name, it says i don't have permission to enter the site? is there a problem with my router's web permission i need to go change or theres something i did wrong in my abyss? i really need help thank you.

-Toeme

What is the exact error message you get? Can you copy and paste it here?

What is the URL you are using to access your site? On which computer are you trying to see this URL (a computer connected to your router or a computer on the Internet and outside your local network)?

To speed up the processing of this support request, we suggest that you send us an email with all the requested information (as well as your abyss.conf file) to our priority support http://www.aprelium.com/support/priority .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: