php simple error i think?!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: php simple error i think?!? Reply with quote

:?:
hi my name is josh,
any way i have every thing set up so that my content on my web page will be displayed in http://yourdomain.com/main.php?done=affiliation.html

but when i check the site after all has been dont i get

Notice: Undefined variable: done in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\main.php on line 97

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\main.php on line 97

and yes i have followed the steps for installing php and have downloaded and installed the php from php.net :?:

please help!
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: php simple error i think?!? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
:?:
hi my name is josh,
any way i have every thing set up so that my content on my web page will be displayed in http://yourdomain.com/main.php?done=affiliation.html

but when i check the site after all has been dont i get

Notice: Undefined variable: done in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\main.php on line 97

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\main.php on line 97

and yes i have followed the steps for installing php and have downloaded and installed the php from php.net :?:

please help!

"Undefined Variable" error is not related to the web server. This behavior is caused by the new release of PHP which do not automatically register GET and POST variables as global.
Anyway, instead of using $done use $_GET['done'] or $_POST['done'] (depending on the method of the request).
If you still want to use the old PHP variable naming convention, edit PHP.ini and locate the line:
Code:
register_globals = Off

and change it to:
Code:
register_globals = On

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

thank you very much for your time my site now works proply :D
raven
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey aprelium what version of php do u think that guest is using cause thats what i wanna do??
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guest this has nothing to do with your problem but my name's Josh also lol :D
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven wrote:
hey aprelium what version of php do u think that guest is using cause thats what i wanna do??

Every PHP whose version >= 4 needs this.
Daniel
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the php.ini file located?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The php.ini is located in your c:\windows directory , you need to go to c:\windows and look for a file in that directory called php or on a windows 98 php.ini and thats your config file for PHP 8)
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! My scripts work now...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: