Are there any "Test my Networking sites?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjanak
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Are there any "Test my Networking sites? Reply with quote

I'm trying to set up a page on my PC so I can give him access to some of my graphics. When I open a browser and test the address I gave him. It always works. But when he types the address it always comes back as address not found. So Im wondering if there are sites that allow one to emulate being on a totally sperate PC and have it look at the address I gave my friend. Its the only way I have to troubleshoot short of driving back and forth to log onto a Kinkos Copies rentable PC.
Pete
Back to top View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
MonkeyNation
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean a site to remotely check to see if the port's open?
Well, there might be a better one, and I doubt they're too happy about people using it, but you could use the utorrent port checker, here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best one I've come across is on NetMonitor.org

http://www.netmonitor.org/tools/test.php?type=www

They have a bunch of other online tools you'll find useful in diagnosing most networking problems too.

"Invent an idiot proof webserver and they'll invent a better idiot..."
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
pjanak
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats really strange. It says my port 80 is closed and yet Its wide open in my Linksys Router settings and even in my ZoneAlarm Pro

Oh, I remebered about GRC.com's Shields UP! Scanner and it at least says port 80 is in stealth mode. But it does not report closed or open
My Linksys does successfully block access to the site I have set up when I have Upnp Port Fowarding for Port 80 going to my PC's internal IP disabled and it works fine when it is enabled
pjanak
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymoose,
Yeah that is a great one. Very detailed. Says 100% pf packets sent to
video-freak.kicks-ass.net failed and yet port 80 is authorized to be routed to my PC's internal IP. The Site says port 80 does not appear to be open by Im guess its the Linksys Routers Port Fowarding thats hiding it.
Pete
olly86
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is more likely is that your ISP is blocking access to port 80 to prevent you running a server on the default port. To get around this problem try running Abyss on another port, say 81.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: