Cannot listen to the console port

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
derangedtaco
-


Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Cannot listen to the console port Reply with quote

when i try running abyss, it says "Cannot listen to the console port"
wtf?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.aprelium.com/forum/search.php - the wonders of the search feature. You would have an answer in seconds if you used it.
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
derangedtaco
-


Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Inquisitor wrote:
www.aprelium.com/forum/search.php - the wonders of the search feature. You would have an answer in seconds if you used it.

people like you suck.

searched "cannot listen to console port", didnt get anything good

so give me a URL. :wink:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8672

look at.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Tom Chapman
-


Joined: 09 Jul 2005
Posts: 933
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derangedtaco wrote:
The Inquisitor wrote:
www.aprelium.com/forum/search.php - the wonders of the search feature. You would have an answer in seconds if you used it.

people like you suck.

searched "cannot listen to console port", didnt get anything good

so give me a URL. :wink:


It has come to my attention and of other users that new users the Aprelium forum have no respect for anyone but themselves. Respect us or go without help! Thats pretty simple! I picked up on this very quickly when I first joined... :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with mr wise one. If we helped each individual person with problems that have been explained and solved hundreds of times over we would spend hours and hours a day on the forums answering them all. Just remember we help people because we want to, not because we have to.
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Marty_
-


Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 55

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beg to differ, its the other way around, well thats how I see it, you long therm user of this board are very arragant to new users, this guy in particular has come on here with a simple request for help, if you guys are so concerned on how this board should work you should have answered his question and then posted a "please use the search function next time".

Your also not helping the serach function with comments like please use the blah blah........

You guys know all there is to know about abyss, if your not here to help newbies, I really dont know why your here at all, shame on you.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty_ wrote:
I beg to differ, its the other way around, well thats how I see it, you long therm user of this board are very arragant to new users, this guy in particular has come on here with a simple request for help, if you guys are so concerned on how this board should work you should have answered his question and then posted a "please use the search function next time".

Your also not helping the serach function with comments like please use the blah blah........

You guys know all there is to know about abyss, if your not here to help newbies, I really dont know why your here at all, shame on you.



The problem is that we do this almost every time we do reply to these posts. If new users learned to follow the forum rules then this would not have happened. Im not the only one with this approach towards new users that ask repetative questions.
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the newbie, to use the search function, with no acceptable, "reply",
could it be there should be a few more areas within the boards for other than scripting.
That is all I seem to see.

For instance Port 80 configuration.
Maybe some other area with an the abyss program to be able to find information about those particular areas within the program.

Maybe this would be much more helpful, to be able to locate answers without doing the search function.
And maybe also place some tutorials, in those particular areas for us beginners that may be totally overwhelmed.

That can be made as a sticky.

Actually these boards should be watched very closely by the technical support a the program, Abyss. And set up in order to understand the problems that their customers are having. Understanding their program and help files. And the boards should also reflected the areas within the program in order to locate, such help.

Not all problems will be solved, however the newbie like myself would have been area to be able to look at in order to possibly find the answer to one's problem. However the tutorials should also possibly lead to other situations or problems that have been already been answered.

However having people that are not willing or wanting to really help is actually, not helping the software creators Abyss, actually they are harming them more than supporting this product. I presently have a bad taste.

And I have found most search functions do not work properly. In order to find answers to possibly simple questions.

Most generally I have found that people, that offer help, without a attitude and have more often been help, than not I have much more respect for them, than people that are just jerky off. Which seems to be quite a bit of that in most forums.

Hey, technical support are you listening! Or board master!
The program Abyss, I believe is a good program, however I believe it could become a great program. With the proper technical support for dummies like myself. That have no expertise and setting up a server with all the technical problems with in.

Once again I will mention, I purchased Abyss!

Thank you for listening. From now on I will be contacting technical support, for the answers to my questions. And I feel sorry for anyone that is wanting helped from here. You have probably damaged sales for Abyss, and because of that possibly harmed your self as well to the free software that is offered by the damage you have done. :evil:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully understand your point but the fact of the matter is, members get tired of answering the same question over and over simply because the new member expects us to do the work for them.

The "cannot listen on console port" is in the help files for abyss, its in this section of the forum (several times on the first page). All it takes is a little more effort.

Myself and other memebers of this forum are quite willing to help people with their questions if its not one that has come up before or is rare. But this question is asked far too often. All new members should be forced to read the forum rules before posting. That way they would have tried searching before posting.

If you read the rules yourself you will know what I mean.

Im not starting a flame war, I have no intention to, im simply saying that regular members of the forum that have been here a while know what its like to be asked the same question over and over and over.

I will talk to aprelium about getting a special section set up for frequently asked questions, and then a way to submit questions to be posted on that board. This should help new members and current ones. This should solve repetative post problems.

EDIT: Congrats on buying X2 :-)
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor my trying to create a flame war.

I am trying to point out that the search function does not work.

This forum is a excellent idea however it needs more relative areas in order to help dummies like myself to find understandable information about the program Abyss. And its workings. I am not planning to make setting up a server my life work, maybe my web site plus a friend.

I am other interest that are my priority. And setting up the server is only going to be able to help others.

However there is much I do not understand, about the program Abyss nor do I understand much of the terminology used to within the help file. And that is where I could use help from people that understand the terminology used with an help file. So I can understand that terminology.

I actually play with 3-D studio Max, and the terminology used their you may not understand yourself.

However it also does not help when you cannot even see your web site on the Web.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The search feature works fine. Ive used it myself numerous times.

If you cant get your website onto the web, post what youve tried, your hardware setup etc then people can help you.
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
derangedtaco
-


Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet i started an argument

anyways, yeah... that's how it works. people who are new to a forum really don't care, and people who have 3,000,000,000 posts always say "USE SEARCH DAMMIT! YOU'RE SUCH A NOOB!".

will it ever stop?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will stop if people follow the rules properly.
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the search engine.

And it does not help one little bit looking through several post.
Page after page of non related. Information to my query.

I do understand what you are saying, about helping time after time over the same question.
If the web site was designed better, in order to support the program, instead of scripts.
Then that way may be a person, could locate the information that they are looking for.

I have gone through many of the different areas, with in web site looking for information however I do not have years to look for information. It does not help anyone specially the company to sell their product. When areas no real support. For their product.

I have learned a lot however over certain things that was not with in my query. About certain things than I did have a question about a once again not related to my query.

If you're not willing or wanting to help you should not even reply to any post that you do not wish to help.

Because I did read a immediately on entry the requirements and I realize very shortly that using the search engine was more less a nightmare of non related information to the query.

Thank you so much for your help.

And I have been through the help file that comes with the software, many times, and it leaves many questions. Exactly for instance where do you place your web site with an the program, or how would you place many web sites with in the program that would have different domain names.

I am not a software developer nor do I wish to be. I am looking for a easy to use program in order to share information. Not like yourselves. Which I am not able to locate this information as well.

Once again thank you so very much for your support and understanding.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the information you want is actually included in the documentation. If you have a question then search the forum with different key words. If then you dont find a topic that helps you, post your own giving as much information as you can.

You have been here all of 5 days and you are already critisising our help? If you cannot understand the way this community works then we can't help you. The support e-mail is there for professional help. This forum was designed for those people who *want* to help others. No-one *has* to help you. People who do help you do so in their own time and under their own free will.

I suggest this topic is locked to prevent this turning into a flame war.
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Mar 2002
Posts: 916

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly,

We thank you for the suggestions but we'd like to comment some points you have raised:
* The search function actually works. Try entering cannot listen to the console port in the search field and select the search criteria "Search for all terms", press "Search" and the displayed list of messages contains a dozen of topics which titles are exactly "cannot listen to the console port".
* Google also can help you: search for cannot listen to the console port site:aprelium.com ( http://www.google.com/search?q=cannot+listen+to+console+port+site:aprelium.com ) and you'll receive links to the documentation section explaining how to deal with port problems as well as links to messages of the forum discussing about the same topic.
* Abyss Web Server is not a standalone and closed application such as 3D Studio or a word processor. It needs a correctly configured network and may interface with third party applications (such as scripts and databases). For this reason there is no possible way to write a definitive guide where we answer all possible questions about all the possible configuration issues or errors you may get from your router, your firewall, your ISP tools, your operating system, or your scripts when using them with Abyss Web Server. That's why the forum exists: it's a place where the community knowledge is shared and extended every day.
* We offer several support methods and users can seek for help using any method which they feel is more appropriate for them: by email, through this forum, and by reading the online and/or offline documentation.
* Since you have a license of X2 you could contact our priority technical support. Our staff will always reply within 24 hours.

We would also like to note that we are working on improving our support system. We will setup in the coming months a knowledge base where you will find tutorials and articles about using Abyss Web Server, scripting languages, and various web technologies.

Thanks.
_________________
Follow @abyssws on Twitter
Subscribe to our newsletter
_________________
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin

Thank you for your reply.

I have used the search engine like I had previously stated with very little success.
I did not find what I was looking for, because possibly my query was wrong.
However I have tried other queries as well with little success.
I had been looking that forum for quite a while before I joined.

After many hours looking over the web site and also inquiring at google, as well.

However you do not believe what I am stating.

What I am trying to communicate is that the mission of the forum should be set up in a mission of being able to answer questions without really anyone having to reply on questions that have been asked several times.

As The InQuisitor stated he is tired of replying to the same query time and time again. The mission should be that his time is able to answer those questions that will help in other areas other than constantly replying to questions that have been asked time after time.

However I also set up a trap, for you about 3-D studio, this program can use many computers. Specially when rendering a movie.Have you heard of a rendering farm. And at the same time there are many different programs that will also plug in to it as well as scripts. And it has also an area that a person that knows how to use scripting language can write their own scripts for this program to use as well as others.

Now see you do not understand about 3-D studio.
And I do not understand Abyss.

And I have been working with 3-D studio, 14 years, and still learning. And the terminology you would not understand as well. And that is one of my problems as well with Abyss. It needs to be I would think a little simpler understandable exclamations of what things do.

My intentions honestly is to help, the company as well as people to be able to understand this program and make it a wonderful replacement for Microsoft and Linux servers.

If your able to help myself, the "DUMMY", to understand, you'll probably find most other people will also understand. Which should help the underlying dollar.

Thank you, once again. And I am sorry, to anyone they may have also misunderstood me. I am not wanting to be mean however I am offering suggestions which is my opinion.

Once again thank you.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-


Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Posts: 6800

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
Now see you do not understand about 3-D studio.
And I do not understand Abyss.

And I have been working with 3-D studio, 14 years, and still learning. And the terminology you would not understand as well. And that is one of my problems as well with Abyss. It needs to be I would think a little simpler understandable exclamations of what things do.


As you said, it takes time to master a tool. And Abyss Web Server (although smaller than 3D Studio) is a complex piece of software and cannot be totally understood overnight even though its learning curve is not as steep as with what you'd experience with other web server software.

The terminology cannot be changed just to accomodate people who have never used servers. A large share of our users or our customers have already used other server software and it is not acceptable for them to find us call something "Y" instead of "X" as the whole industry does. We have not invented the terminology: most of it is the lingo which have been used by network administrators and manufacturers for more than 3 decades.

Quote:
My intentions honestly is to help, the company as well as people to be able to understand this program and make it a wonderful replacement for Microsoft and Linux servers.

If your able to help myself, the "DUMMY", to understand, you'll probably find most other people will also understand. Which should help the underlying dollar.

Thank you, once again. And I am sorry, to anyone they may have also misunderstood me. I am not wanting to be mean however I am offering suggestions which is my opinion.

Once again thank you.

We'd like to thank for your comments. It's really great to have such a feedback. We are open to criticism and welcome any discussion that may help us find how to better improve Abyss Web Server or our services.
_________________
Support Team
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry once again you misunderstood me.

I am not talking about trying to change terminology.
I am suggesting to help dummies like myself to understand that terminology of Abyss.
Even if it requires down talking, like to a child. If necessary.
Which at times is very necessary in order to help people, like myself, that or thickheaded, and have other things, that uses similar terminology. With in other programs, that however as a completely opposite meaning.

Thank you once again for listening to my ideas and suggestion in order to help make abyss a friendlier software to use and understand. For individuals like myself.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-


Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Posts: 6800

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly,

We understand now what you meant. :-)

Could you please give us some concrete examples of terminology that you've found confusing?
_________________
Support Team
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should make a "Terminology for dummies" section of AbyssUnderground to help people out. :-)

(I didnt mean to insult anyone by saying "for dummies", just like the book "Windows for dummies" :-) )
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for allowing me to point out little areas of problems that could possibly help others understand Abyss. And make, hopefully, life easier for everybody.

I understand this word, however I would like you to take notice of how often it is used, "Host". Please just right down. The different meanings of this. And how many ways, can you explain it the word Host, however it usually requires additional words in order to understand the meanings. This word cannot stand alone.

This is the first major confusion and still causes me trouble to understand. I know this, you can host other peoples web sites. Then there is host, that can be also your network provider the same as you receive your static IP address and e-mail from.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Host:

- Can be the area of the X2 console where a particular domain is hosted (when you add a new domain you are adding a new "host")
- Can be a domain name (host name)
- Can be an ISP/hosting providor
- Can be used to say 'I "host" your website on my server'

Those are the only meanings I can think of at the moment. Other members might be able to think of more.
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI The Inquisitor.

It's nice to see you back. No offense taken.
And thank you for your participation.
It is extremely appreciated.

Here is my thoughts, http://www.zing-zang.com

Will be more than happy to hear your thoughts. :wink:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-


Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 3719
Location: USA, GA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
HI The Inquisitor.

It's nice to see you back. No offense taken.
And thank you for your participation.
It is extremely appreciated.

Here is my thoughts, http://www.zing-zang.com

Will be more than happy to hear your thoughts. :wink:


Suggestion: Never use very bright colors on a black background,
except maybe white and grey (Sometimes blue).

Example:
http://pba.trustabyss.com/
_________________
Computer Programmer & Networking Specialist

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TRUSTpunk.

Quote:
Suggestion: Never use very bright colors on a black background,
except maybe white and grey (Sometimes blue).


please, explain why.

May I also ask, what I am pointing out. Is it a valid suggestion.
I am not planning ongoing very far, or actually keeping this up, so anyone that wish improve it in order to share feel free.

before I exchange to my original 3-D web site.

By the way, thank you. :wink:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-


Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 3719
Location: USA, GA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem.

I'm just saying this because imagine staring at the sun on a bright sunny day,
well on your website, it's about the same as looking at the sun because it gets
so bright with the black, yellow, and red to where your eyes burn.

You just have to experiment with certain colors untill it looks good and doesn't
burn your eyes. My background that you see is alot better on your eyes, just be
sure to use colors that won't hurt your eyes is all I'm saying.

Glad I can help. By the way.. Do you like the new PBA site?
_________________
Computer Programmer & Networking Specialist

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should make it so it has "soft" colours. Make it so the colours don't jump out at you. As in AbyssUnderground, some of them do, but that is because they are a point of interest or important information. That should be the only exception on any website.
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-


Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Posts: 6800

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
This is the first major confusion and still causes me trouble to understand. I know this, you can host other peoples web sites. Then there is host, that can be also your network provider the same as you receive your static IP address and e-mail from.


As many words, "host" has different meanings in different contexts. But a network provider is not a host (although many claim they are), this is a misuse of language commonly done by many ISPs: ISP stands for Internet Service Provider and that's what they do: they provide you with Internet connectivity, so they are not hosts. At the contrary, web hosting companies could be called hosts because their computers "host" customers web sites.

In the servers world, a host has a single meaning: have you read http://www.aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/howdowswork.html ?

A web site and a host are different things although they could mean the same in 90% of the situations.

A single computer can make available to the rest of the world several web sites. Each web site contains files and scripts. Usually a web site has a single domain name (www.aprelium.com for example). But sometimes you need to have the same set of files and scripts constituting a web site associated with more than one domain name: for example all of www.aprelium.org, www.aprelium.net and www.aprelium.com are associated with the same files and scripts. For the visitors www.aprelium.org, www.aprelium.net and www.aprelium.com look like 3 different web sites (if they see the names) but they actually share the same data.

How is that done? In Abyss Web Server we've declared a host and have associated it with three names (www.aprelium.org, www.aprelium.net and www.aprelium.com). So a host is no more than a set of files/scripts and one or more domain names that it should respond to.
_________________
Support Team
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi TRUSTpunk and The Inquisitor.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

I really am not trying to burn anybody's eyes out. I read someplace it was a person that designed web sites and made some suggestions to the size of the fonts. To make things easier for elderly people to read. So therefore in order to try to keep the eyes from burning from all white, a black background. And I guess I believe those bright colors are not as I burning as whites. However I could be wrong.

TRUSTpunk

Quote:
Glad I can help. By the way.. Do you like the new PBA site?


I have clicked the banner below, and have gone to the web site of the banner. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Aprelium.

I agree about host, however working with a computer that has a connection to ISP, and at the same time serving domain names, with an your home computer using the same software. However you are working on communication between a ISP, and hosting at home domain names. Is where I become confused.

The software is actually designed to go two directions of communication.
One direction is to your ISP, the other is with an the software itself, hosting domain names.

At my web site I am suggesting when you are working with the area with an the software that is connecting to the ISP to have a abbreviation of ISP/Host. When you are working on your own computer with an abyss, software to help understand that direction by and added a extension DN/Host, the abbreviation is domain name.

Why is this necessary to understand, basically who do you need to contact for your support, your ISP, or Abyss.

The page you suggested to read, was actually the first thing, it was the first thing I read once, the software was on the computer. The information about HTML, is very well done.

Thank you to all.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
TRUSTAbyss
-


Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 3719
Location: USA, GA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
I have clicked the banner below, and have gone to the web site of the banner. Thank you for sharing.


The PBA site is:
http://pba.trustabyss.com
_________________
Computer Programmer & Networking Specialist

Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRUSTpunk
thank you, yes I have been there, this time I found something of interest.

At the underground forum a question, are you able to post pictures?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
AbyssUnderground
-


Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Posts: 3855

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes posting pictures on the AbyssUnderground forum is fine.
_________________
Andy (AbyssUnderground) (previously The Inquisitor)
www.abyssunderground.co.uk
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Firefly
-


Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, I believe that will help you, to help me understand some of the questions I am having.
I will be going over their in joining very shortly.

Thank you so very much, The Inquisitor. :lol:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-


Joined: 22 Mar 2002
Posts: 6800

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
Why is this necessary to understand, basically who do you need to contact for your support, your ISP, or Abyss.


Your ISP is only a data carrier and no more than that. So if you have a connection problem and that you cannot access the external world or the people outside cannot see your computer because your ISP has problems with your line, you should contact them.

Contact us when you have problems with configuring Abyss Web Server or using one of its features. We suggest also reading http://www.aprelium.com/support/policy.html to know what we can help with and what is out of our support scope.
_________________
Support Team
Aprelium - http://www.aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB phpBB Group