Just be able to access files from my computer anywhere??????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ano327
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Just be able to access files from my computer anywhere?????? Reply with quote

So how can i set it up so I can simply access my files from anywhere using an internet browswer??

A simple explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
umaycute
-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try http://logmein.com

it's easy enough to understand
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: works for me Reply with quote

I am a novice at this, but I was able to set up my system to do what you want, to access my files from any computer. I don't think it was difficult to set up, but I did it last year so I don't remember the exact process. You need to know your public IP address to type into the browser. If your ISP uses DHCP (Dynamic, not static IP), then you need a program that keeps track of your dynamic IP address. I use NoIP at NoIP.com. Do a Google search for Abyss and noip and you should be able to find the instructions that I used.

In Abyss, you need to create a user (Users and Groups), and give that user access to the files (Access Control).

There may be some issues with port forwarding too.

I hope this gets you started. Let me know where you are stuck and maybe I can help.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
soulm8sflyff
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/start sarcasm]

This is a nice story! One day. . . .

ano327 Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:21 am wrote:
So how can i set it up so I can simply access my files from anywhere using an internet browswer??

A simple explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

And then somebody replied.

umaycute Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:05 pm wrote:
try http://logmein.com

it's easy enough to understand

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. . . . . No reply from ano327. . .

And then AFTER A MONTH. . . . . . . Someone dug this topic. . . . .

3dogs Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:02 am wrote:
I am a novice at this, but I was able to set up my system to do what you want, to access my files from any computer. I don't think it was difficult to set up, but I did it last year so I don't remember the exact process. You need to know your public IP address to type into the browser. If your ISP uses DHCP (Dynamic, not static IP), then you need a program that keeps track of your dynamic IP address. I use NoIP at NoIP.com. Do a Google search for Abyss and noip and you should be able to find the instructions that I used.

In Abyss, you need to create a user (Users and Groups), and give that user access to the files (Access Control).

There may be some issues with port forwarding too.

I hope this gets you started. Let me know where you are stuck and maybe I can help.

to be continued. . . . . :)

[/end sarcasm]
-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soulm8sflyff wrote:
[/start sarcasm]

This is a nice story! One day. . . .

[/end sarcasm]

What is your point? He is just trying to be helpful!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a post irritates you or you have nothing decent to say, then you shouldn't say it. You'll only get into a flame war or start an argument with other forum members.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: