Learning CGI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
capsicum
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Learning CGI Reply with quote

I have successfully written a few cgi scripts using delphi 7. They are very basic because I am learning.

I have written one simple form which invokes a script as follows -
-
ShellExecute(Handle, 'explore', PChar('c:\windows'), nil, nil, SW_SHOW)
-

What this does in delphi is run windows explorer and shows the c:\windows folder. The script gets that far but then the server gives a 500 error (internal server error) and the log file states 'broken pipe'.

Does CGI require that the parameters from the form actually undergo some processing? I am tired from beating my head against the problem, so I thought i would rahter ask somebody than continue my self-mortification.

regards
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Learning CGI Reply with quote

capsicum,

The CGI application you wrote seems to not send the CGI headers which are required. Any CGI application should at least send these headers:

Code:

The second empty line contains only a carriage return (character 13 in ASCII).

Can you post here the full source code?
Quivis
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems "capsicum" solved his or her problem. But if there is an interest, I've been fiddling with a Delphi CGI counter that works, based on the following counter: http://homepages.borland.com/aohlsson (if it's still there, haven't checked)

"capsicum" can reply to this message if there still are problems. I might be able to help. Code is too verbose to post here, so it has to be made via e-mail, if at all.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: