Folder Display

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cerq
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Folder Display Reply with quote

Is there a Program, File, or Script that would show the directories and files
on a web page, somewhat like they are in windows. Some people can't tell what the / is for aftre a name ( Ray/ ).
If so where would I find it ??

I now that I can do it in a linux server but I'm running a windows 2000 server.

Thanks to all that have help'd me in the past. This fourm is the best sorce of information that you will ever find....
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tim1681
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your talking about doing this with only a few folders & files, or some non-dynamic content i would just get some GIF images of folder and file icons, make an HTML file, make some tables in the HTML file & manually put all the file/folder icons & their URL's .

If the content inside the folders will change often, I'm sure theres some script out there to do that .. maybe PHP.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Folder Display Reply with quote

cerq,

In the new version 2, you can customize the directory listings using an SSI template or a script (in PHP or any language). So your listing will look exactly as you want it to.

There are some simple example of such templates or scripts in the user's manual : http://www.aprelium.com/data/doc/2/abyssws-win-doc-html/dirlist.html .

You'll find also in the forum links to other directory listing scripts contributed by Abyss' users.
John Mitchell
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend I am probably too late to help you, but if I read your question correctly you will be able to see exactly what you ask if you visit my home page and click on the link for free server files. . The link opens the folder to display the contents for download or viewing. . copy and paste this into your browser address bar and hit GO. . . .

http://mitchell-uk.sytes.net/serverfiles/

As I say, probably far too late to be of help, but I saw the question and the other replies seemed over complex, to me:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: