VERY WELL DONE TO APRELIUM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardyork
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: VERY WELL DONE TO APRELIUM! Reply with quote

Well done Aprelium Technologies! You deserve everything you get for this project! The new site is brilliant! I can't praise you enough! After 4+ years of developing this program I sincerely hope it has/will pay off for you! I want you to know how much I really appreciate you and Abyss, and that I will be buying the Pro version as soon as I have the money (i am a student), I Promise! Even though I don't need it, I feel I owe it to you, you have provided me with an un-touchable FREE web server for two years now and its time that I gave you something in return! I wish you the best, from the deepest part of my heart!

Well Done Aprelium Technologies!

Regards,
Richard York!
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely said, richardyork. ;)

I feel the same way. Aprelium Technologies has given the server community an extremely impressive
product that blows away the competition. Kudos all around to Aprelium!!! THANK YOU!!!

I would have preferred X2 to be cheaper (free???), but I"ll still part with my 60 bucks happily. LOL!!!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium-beta
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: VERY WELL DONE TO APRELIUM! Reply with quote

richardyork,

Thank you for the compliment. We're glad you like the new site and we're happy to know that you continue to support us.

Many people seem to have wrongly understood why we are now charging for the professional edition. Some of them are even thinking that the free version is no more available.

We don't want money to be rich. We're a company and we're working full time on Abyss Web Server. So we cannot do this for free: this is not a hobby or a spare time activity.

Buying computers to develop software on, renting collocation space for our Internet server, and having Internet connectivity in the office need a lot of money. Writing good code, supporting people, and answering questions are tasks that take a lot of time. So there is no choice. We must make a living from it or Aprelium and Abyss Web Server will disappear.

The personal edition is still free and it was (and will continue to be) improved. You should expect a lot of new features and enhancements in the future for both editions (personal and professional).

So we still need your (everyone's) support to continue the adventure and to provide you with the best and most user friendly web server ever.

Many thanks.
richardyork
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By no means did I mean to offend you, Aprelium-Beta!

I 100% understand that it has taken time, money (your money) and effort to make Abyss what it is today!

All that I intended my previous post to be, was to ensure you that I am willing to help you with the development, and growth of Abyss Web Server! Call it a donation if you must....lol!!

I very much understand everything in your last post, Aprelium-Beta! And I hope you understand that I will continue to support you and Abyss! Like I said previously....YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET, for YOUR TIME, MONEY and EFFORT over the past 4+ YEARS!!

Regards,
Richard York!
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richardyork wrote:
By no means did I mean to offend you, Aprelium-Beta!

The compliment was for you :-) But the rest of the message wasn't targetting you. Sorry for the confusion :-)

We just wanted to clarify the situation for other users who may have a wrong idea about the professional edition.

To be honest, we were very impressed by the support you and other users gave (and continue to give) to us. We were also amazingly surprised by the number of people who understand why we are charging for Abyss Web Server X2 and who are encouraging us. Needless to say that we thank also all those who have purchased X2.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... They even scrapped the emoticons.

Congratulations, Aprelium! I remember the good 'ol days, but you have finally graduated into the long-awaited Abyss v2, with a very nice looking website to compliment.

I am aware that it took thousands of hours to get this far, and I hope that it pays off.

Also, I am sure the community (and myself) thanks you for keeping a no-cost version of Abyss. Glad that you realized that there are many people (teenagers, for one) who are unable to pay or do not have the money to do so for a web server.

Again, many congratulations to a job well done.
-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: VERY WELL DONE TO APRELIUM! Reply with quote

Excellent work on the 2.0 series of Abyss.

It's been a while since I did any active development and testing on the Abyss web server. I indeed liked the feature list of 2.0 series, especially the introduction of ISAPI extentions. This opens for many new solutions.

Keep up the good work, Aprelium !

Best of regards...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: