PHP MYSQL ERROR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myjoe
-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:59 pm    Post subject: PHP MYSQL ERROR Reply with quote

I try to connect to a mysql database using a well tested php-script (works fine on IIS ands apache), the following error message appears:
Can't create TCP/IP socket (10106).
Any ideas?
Joe
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: PHP MYSQL ERROR Reply with quote

Myjoe wrote:

I try to connect to a mysql database using a well tested php-script (works fine on IIS ands apache), the following error message appears:
Can't create TCP/IP socket (10106).
Any ideas?
Joe

You'll have to look at your script and see if there are some parameters to configure. The problem is not related to Abyss Web Server, it is related to PHP, your script and the MySQL database. In fact, the web server has no responsability to connect to the database on the behalf of PHP.
Myjoe
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the problem is php can't find the winsock.dll in the system directory (i am using W2K, SP2), because php has problems to determine the "SystemRoot" or any other system related variable, also I get an error message when I call getenv("SystemRoot"). There must be a difference between executing php on your server and the apache, iis or xitami.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myjoe wrote:

Hi, the problem is php can't find the winsock.dll in the system directory (i am using W2K, SP2), because php has problems to determine the "SystemRoot" or any other system related variable, also I get an error message when I call getenv("SystemRoot"). There must be a difference between executing php on your server and the apache, iis or xitami.

We tested Abyss Web Server with many PHP scripts which make extensive access to a MySQL database. We had no problems such yours.
What is the version of PHP you are using ?
Myjoe
-

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i am using php 4.2.0, but the problem is the missing SystemRoot path. I fixed the problem by adding the SystemRoot manually (CGI-Environmental variables). It seems apache, iis,... got more predefinied environment variables. Try phpinfo() on apache and on abyss.
Great tiny server for local testing. Thanks!
Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: