Monitoring Dpwnloads in Real Time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkrats
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Monitoring Dpwnloads in Real Time Reply with quote

I have a couple of items on my website that can be downloaded using simple links. I know I can check the logs to see if any downloads happened, but I'd like to be able to monitor and control any downloads as they happen. I'm pretty sure Abyss doesn't have this ability built in, so can anyone suggest any software that I can run along with Abyss to do this for me? I did wonder if I might run a FTP server program at the same time, but seems like overkill to me to do this. Thanks.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Monitoring Dpwnloads in Real Time Reply with quote

darkrats,

We're sharing the reply you got from our technical support by email regarding your same question:

The console of Abyss Web Server has a "Server Activity" section which lists the URLs being currently served. So this gives you real-time information about what is being downloaded and can let you know if there is someone who is currently accessing your site or not.

We understand that this feature is relatively limited but it can give you a quick overview about what is being downloaded in realtime. No other Web server has such a feature (and even a feature as you request it) because it is useless for most admins: how would they do with thousands of concurrent requests? Where to view the information and how to consume it (visually or using a tool)?

Most admins will use logs to determine visits to their site after the end of the day but realtime activity is not really important for most.
Forum Administrator
Aprelium - https://aprelium.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: