help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slanter905
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: help please Reply with quote

im still unable to get my server accessable from the outside i went to a website to test my server and it said my port 80 did not appear to be open how can i open it or can i use another port im a total newb thx for any info u can give
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
senshi
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Router? (Hardware Firewall)

Security? (Software Firewall)

I assume that port 80 being closed is a firewall issue and would say that its hardware config, open router settings and ensure that your forwarding port 80 to the machine running the server.

Software firewall, again, allow port 80 connections and any outbound connection on any port.

cant say more than that, if you can see your website from your external IP address, your ISP may be blocking port 80, move port to 8080 and try again, if no joy try another port >1000 remembering to add the changes in the firewall(s). ALSO the changes in the router may not take place immediately, I find that my router can lag as much as 20 secinds before the new settings take place... so dont think that because you make a setting change it will happen straight away, it usually will but not the written rule.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: