Images not showing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buddybuddha
-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Images not showing Reply with quote

I'm havin a problem with my site. I'm pretty sure its not on my side since my site's been runnin problem free for sometime now.
Heres a bit about my stuff:
I run abyss webserver on an old 2002 emachines with such low-quality hardware I'm surprised it handles as well as it does. It's something aroung 750 mhz and 128 mb sdram. I just gutted the whole thing and wrote on it with a sharpie. Here's a pictures of it actually.

Of course, that pic probably wont show up since that seems to be my site's thing right now.
Well anyways I have to run the server on port 81 since Verizon blocks port 80 and as a result I have to use a webredirect instead of true DNS (which is a pain) Im over it anyways. Im using a dynamic ip verizon residential account. As to my knowledge, we were not informed of any bandwidth limits.
As for my webredirect service, I get it from freedns.afraid.org, which has been good for me so far.
But back to the problem some pictures will randomly show up as not found on my site and sometimes the background is just plain white. It just started this morning and I've isolated the problem to either a bandwidth limit or a DNS malfunction.

What should I do? I was thinking I should give it like 24 hours to see if its just a glitch and itll pass. I was also considering purchasing hosting from some big server company with static ips and unlimited banwidth. Then I could also get email accounts which I havent been able to set up using my own computer. Well what do you think?

It's fookin sweet!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: