Internet Explorer Messed Up.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JS527
-

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Internet Explorer Messed Up. Reply with quote

After installing Abyss Web Server, I have noticed that when I try to visit certain web sites, parts of them will not load. AOL.com for example only loads the top part of the page. The other frames or windows that would normally be ads show the Abyss Web Server Error 401 message. I tried uninstalling the server, but now, the windows simply have the default Internet Explorer "Page Could not load" message. I tried restoring the computer to a restore point several days ago; this chagned nothing. How can I get my computer set back to the way it was before I installed this program??? I'm running XP Professional with Internet Explorer 6 SP1.

Jason
JS527@aol.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vbgunz
-

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try everything again and this time within AOL when you get a 401 frame, right click the frame in question and select properties. Highlight and copy the link and paste it back here. Good luck :)
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Internet Explorer Messed Up. Reply with quote

JS527 wrote:
After installing Abyss Web Server, I have noticed that when I try to visit certain web sites, parts of them will not load. AOL.com for example only loads the top part of the page. The other frames or windows that would normally be ads show the Abyss Web Server Error 401 message. I tried uninstalling the server, but now, the windows simply have the default Internet Explorer "Page Could not load" message. I tried restoring the computer to a restore point several days ago; this chagned nothing. How can I get my computer set back to the way it was before I installed this program??? I'm running XP Professional with Internet Explorer 6 SP1.

Jason
JS527@aol.com

The sites you're visiting are linking to http://127.0.0.1 which is your local address. If you have a local web server, it will respond to these requests, if not, you'll get the browser error.
This is not a problem with Abyss but rather with the sites you visit that have bad links.
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Internet Explorer Messed Up. Reply with quote

JS527 wrote:

Try setting your your IE to a blank home page. You can set it back later on. Open IE and manually type in to any site URL like www.microsoft.com or www.msn.com and see if your browse still get mess up as you indicate. If it ok, then try AOL again. Also try to clear all your cache from IE to see if that will fix it. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: