global.asa problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Altissimo5
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: global.asa problem Reply with quote

I am having trouble getting my global.asa to work, well at least trying to access global objects. I followed all of the instructions to get asp working using ActiveHTML, and it works perfectly with the exception of being able to access global objects. It works fine on other servers that I have run this application on. I have tried restarting Abyss, and a number of other things like making changes to the asa file and saving, but nothing has worked. Any suggestions? It is suppose to work with ActiveHTML, right?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
mcwilliams132
-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never got the global.asa thing to work...always got an error (don't remember what the error was)...

It wasn't a deal breaker for me since everything I typically do in ASP is supported by AHTML...

Maybe others have suggestions...
:: "Lobster sticks to magnet!"
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: global.asa problem Reply with quote

Altissimo5,

We assume that your ASP script is in the virtuam path /myscript and that global.asa virtual path is /myscript/global.asa.

To have ActiveHTML read and process this global.asa file, you must do the following:

* Open the ActiveHTML configuration panel
(Start>Programs>SeliSoft>ActiveHTML>ActiveHTML Configuration)
* Press Connect then press Read
* Select the Directory Aliases tab
* Now, we're going to add the missing mapping: In the bottom-left field (before the = symbol), enter /myscript (the virtual path of your script directory) and in the bottom-right field (after the = symbol) enter the full path of /myscript in your hard drive. So if your Abyss Web Server documents path is c:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs, enter c:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\myscript (for exampl, if you have an alias, this may differ.)
* Press Save (in the bottom of the window) and press Save (in the upper part of the window) and retry your script.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: