Norton Internet Securities Port 80 issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlapShot434
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Norton Internet Securities Port 80 issue Reply with quote

Hi. My friend has a server and has been having trouples with it, and I've been trying to help him with it.

Here's the deal, I've lead him though the steps of creating a static ip for his router (Linksys), and all ports are forwarded correctly.

For some odd reason, the server just wont work on Port 80. We have tried on other ports, and all tests have been succesful, but Port 80 just refuses to work.

Finally, I got him to look if he has a firewall. He said he does not have a firewall, but does have Norton Internet Securities 2004 as well as the "Norton Scanner".

Does anyone know of any settings on these two products that might be blocking Port 80, as well as a set of instructions for me to give to him to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TRUSTAbyss
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any other port will work , its possible your friend's ISP may be
blocking the default port 80 , check with the ISP and they will let
you know if thats the case , I have no problems with Nortan.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check if Norton Securities is the problem or not. Try connecting locally from LAN side and see if one of the LAN PC will received webpages. This will eleminate finger pointing.

If it can not get pages from AByss from locally, try disable and see if it work or not and or even uninstall NIS2004 and try again.

Assumed from LAN connection is sucessful, double check Linksys is forwarding the correct LAN IP of that Abyss BOX. Try ipconfig /all on that Abyss to see if it is still in the same IP. - Set your Abyss PC to static IP -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: