2 Routers, problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tritonstar
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: 2 Routers, problem Reply with quote

Hi there!

Ive recently installed the following networdk:
XDSL-->Router-->Router-->PC Running Abyss
Dont ask me why ;).

However, i dont get Abyss to work, whenever i enter my ip, the website is not found. So the problem has to be the routers i figured. I already forwarded port 80 in both routers, so what else is there that i have to do?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 Routers, problem Reply with quote

tritonstar,

Check if there is firewall in the PC that blocks port 80. Does your DSL provider block port 80?
tritonstar
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no firewalls active. Abyss worked before installing all this, so the problem is not my ISP. It has to be either the program or the routers.
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double check with Proxify.

www.proxify.com

It may be that you can no longer access your own site by typing your external IP.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try forwarding port 80 to the first router, and then from there forward port 80 to your computer from the second router.
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tritonstar wrote:
There are no firewalls active. Abyss worked before installing all this, so the problem is not my ISP. It has to be either the program or the routers.

Can you be specific? You indicatec it was working before. Can you clarify what "...work before installing all this,..." really mean? Did you reinstall Windows and Abyss?

Having two router [teaming] is a bit tricky. Double check what your Abyss Box IP is on. Then check if your router overlap any IP scope.

Do you have two NIC on that Abyss Box? Are both NIC set to static or Dynamic for IP? Double check anyway, if the ICF is enable if you have Windows XP.

Q -
Why do you have two router? Please provide the reason so I can get an understand.
What are those two router set to? Which mode?
Do you have two NIC on that Abyss Box?
Do you know your Abyss box [all Windows series] can only have one default Gateway?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: