is anyone having ? installing mysql 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alenxVR6
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: is anyone having ? installing mysql 4 Reply with quote

Is anyone having a problem installing mysql 4.0.20...when i run my mysqladmin.exe file in my bin folder i get required dll file not found, mylib.dll or something like that missing...I tried the installer and the unzipping version same thing... I tryed it with XP and with Win98 same thing...

Alen
PS: Aprelium - Abyss (Great Server)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anonymoose
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... But unfortunately didn't try the Search button on the forum :/

http://www.aprelium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26060

*sigh*
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
masa
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to where the mysql directory and then find the folder called lib and then find the folder called opt and there is your libmysql.dll if you cannot find it you can freely download from my website and the link to download is http://web25.hopto.org/libmysql.dll/ im glad to help you
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks masa i got it...

but now i have a issue with the red light, i tyed everything and nothing is working i tried every tutorial and nothing...

http://www.alenx.net/phpmyadmin

try it out its not pass protected yet...

#edit

I'm using a HP computer on my little network to run mysql OS is win98,
my.ini file is in my c:\windows directory

still nothing

does anyone have a copy of their my.ini file
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
gonepostal_1
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows that it is password protected.

you may need to unistall. And start over. I had to do that. If you do not or did not put a password into myadmin. This is the message I got when I tried to connect.

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

http://unreal04.no-ip.org
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If MySQL is displaying a red light, then you need to try restarting the process. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall MySQL, and see if you can get the green light back.
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iNaNimAtE wrote:
If MySQL is displaying a red light, then you need to try restarting the process. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall MySQL, and see if you can get the green light back.

when i install mysql on my XP it works fine but when i do the same thing on 98 it doesn't work for some reason i'll give it another try and i'll see what happens...i'll get back to you guys soon thanks for your replays

EDIT
this is the screen shot of what i'm looking at when i install the mysql for first time
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you have a green light...?

Also, fix that my.ini file.
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iNaNimAtE wrote:
It looks like you have a green light...?

Also, fix that my.ini file.

this is what i have and still nothing

my.ini

[WinMySQLAdmin]
Server=C:/WWW/DATABASE/MYSQL/bin/mysqld-opt.exe

[mysqld]
basedir=C:/www/database/mysql/
datadir=C:/www/database/mysql/data/
alenxVR6
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm updating my OS to XP and i'll see what happens with that, get back to you guys as soon as possible...
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XP would be a good choice, but before you do, remove the "opt" from the "mysqld-opt.exe" in the my.ini file.
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iNaNimAtE wrote:
XP would be a good choice, but before you do, remove the "opt" from the "mysqld-opt.exe" in the my.ini file.

i tryed that too nothing
alenxVR6
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

installed XP problem solved, win98 has some issues with my.ini file,

thank you all for your help...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: