PPL cant see my site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
convicted_felon
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: PPL cant see my site Reply with quote

i can see my site using my own ip address but when i tell other ppl to go there they cant see it. i have tried changing the port to at least 20 different ones. i dont have any firewalls.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may not have any firewalls, but do you have a router? If you don't know, then how many computers do you have, and how many of them have internet?
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Same Problem! Reply with quote

I have the same problem! I can't seem to get people who aren't on my network to view the site! HELP!
brucebolt
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: SOLVED! Reply with quote

Windows XP has it's one firewall - turn that off and voila! IT WORKS!
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Same Problem! Reply with quote

brucebolt wrote:
I have the same problem! I can't seem to get people who aren't on my network to view the site! HELP!

There is a thread right above this one that might help you...
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem using the standard port 80. I have been using a really high port number for my webmail server with no problem. I found a link on this forum https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 which will scan ports. I had setup up port forwarding and open port for port 80 on my router but only computers on the network could see my site. After using the link I found that I couldn't get port 80 open. I chose and uncommon port (8001), tested it first with the link and showed up as STEALTH (closed / doesn't respond). I then changed my port forwarding and open port (firewall) for port 8001. Then changed my settings in aprelium from port 80 to port 8001, clicked restart. Tried the link testing port 8001 and it is now open. I use http://myurl:8001 now.
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pickupman wrote:
I had setup up port forwarding and open port for port 80 on my router but only computers on the network could see my site.

Your ISP most likely blocks port 80.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: