PHP will not run

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: PHP will not run Reply with quote

Okay, I have never ran a server like this, and am intimidated by an error I get. I followed the instructions on installing php, but when I try to run a .php document it gives me the following error :
Quote:
Security Alert! PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set. This variable is set, for example, by Apache's Action directive redirect.

You may disable this restriction by recompiling the PHP binary with the --disable-force-cgi-redirect switch. If you do this and you have your PHP CGI binary accessible somewhere in your web tree, people will be able to circumvent .htaccess security by loading files through the PHP parser. A good way around this is to define doc_root in your php.ini file to something other than your top-level DOCUMENT_ROOT. This way you can separate the part of your web space which uses PHP from the normal part using .htaccess security. If you do not have any .htaccess restrictions anywhere on your site you can leave doc_root undefined. If you are running IIS, you may safely set cgi.force_redirect=0 in php.ini.

Can anyone help me out here?
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: PHP will not run Reply with quote

In your php.ini file located in your windows directory, look for a line which contains the following:

; cgi.force_redirect = 1

Set this line to:

cgi.force_redirect = 0

This will enable for running php scripting. I'm not sure about the security issue they explains in this section... perhaps something that aprelium can explain further ??

Regards...
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheLinker
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: PHP will not run Reply with quote

Looks like there is a better solution to this problem... provided by Crash... Check out this link .
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 8:48 pm    Post subject: PHP will not run Reply with quote

TheLinker wrote:

Looks like there is a better solution to this problem... provided by Crash... Check out this link .

Thanks, I should have looked more carefully through the forums :oops:
bullseye

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: the best yet:) Reply with quote

:lol: :lol: GOD this Abyss server is great ..I tried installing omnihttpd ..and it worked but I couldn't het the php interpreter to work to..then I installed abyss. ..this thing is AMAZING..it's simple and fast..
I got the same problem with force_cgi_redirect...THANX a bunch for the help u guys... :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: