DOS CGI problems (qbasic/rm cobol)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vamp999
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: DOS CGI problems (qbasic/rm cobol) Reply with quote

hi, first sorry for my bad english,

i tested RM COBOL compiler and interpreter(linker) as interbreter for CBL and COB files,

when i try to get some CBL file the compiler work fine and i get on client browser the report from the compiler (DOS screen)

BUT when i try to get COB file the interpreter are opened fine and the file is executed but i get ERROR 500 on the client browser

i test write a "hello world" in qbasic and compile that as exe file and is the same think, is executed but i dont get the output screen on my browser

(i refer output screen of the program as text that i will to receibe on browser)

some have similar problem? some have a solution?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
vamp999
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: SOLUTION for programs that dont have header Reply with quote

the solution is print the header before send data to screen

/* Minimum CGI headers */
printf("Content-type: text/html\n\n");

but the rm cobol interpreter print some data before your program data is displayed then "how to" solve this error? easy

made a simple program in qbasic that print header and after call at interpreter

--GO.EXE---
PRINT "Content-type: text/html"
SHELL "c:\rmcobol\runcobol.exe c:\myweb\test.cob"

enjoy!
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in addition to that, (for all of you who are using other programming languages and scripting languages that aren't directly supported by Abyss), making a:
Code:
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"
at the beginning of your program will probably solve errors (such as Error 500) that come up when you first try to use your program with Abyss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> FastCGI/CGI All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: