66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Or is both the issue?
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

danight
-

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: microsoft basestation router probs Reply with quote

First id like to say im new to this stuff but im one of those people who love playing with things to learn how they work.

Ive got my web page to load using http://127.0.0.1 and also using my cjb domain name that redirects back to my ip.

My problem is no one from the outside can see it. I have verizon dsl (not sure if thats a issue) and microsoft basestation router (that in log shows blocked attempts).

Ive searched the forums and cant find any topics about configuring microsoft routers. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Or is my problem my isp i havent seen any topics about verizon blocking it either.

my ip at current time is 207.68.59.204 if anyone could test this i would be thankfull also :) the web page domain i used was http://karr.cjb.net/index.htm
also this was something i made for my son who really loves ff11 video game so its nothing special.

Please if anyone has any advice i would be very grateful to hear it.
Im not super computer smart (everything i know i learned from trail and error) but i know alot of the basics.

Thanks again in advanced for any help.
I think this product is awsome and i feal like a kid just learning to drive a car. Im over excited to try and get this to work.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the guide right above your post didn't help you?

What is your internal IP address?
-

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it had alot of good info but im still confused.

2nd pc ip 192.168.2.7
gateway address 192.168.2.1
other device 192.168.2.39 (think that is impiortant 1 also)

using the webpage to get ip its 207.68.59.204

im guessing the 207 is the right one i can veiw the webpage on my pc using that 1 also.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you run Windows 2000, XP, Server 2000, or Server 2003: Go to the command prompt and type "ipconfig" this didnt work box opened and shut 1 sec

EDIT: To get your Internal IP, just download my handy little batch file: 95/98/ME or 2000/XP/2003. Download using IE.
i did this

2) Go to your router configuration. Usually, you can type "192.168.1.1" or "192.168.0.1" in your browser to bring it up.
this doesnt work either

Helpful tip: After completing step 1, use the same digit(s) in the third block of your IP in step 2. Example: If your IP address from step 1 was "192.168.254.10," then use 254 to find your router (192.168.254.254). If your IP address was "192.168.1.10," then use "192.168.1.1" (taking the third block of numbers in your IP address, and putting them in the third and fourth place in step 2). so this has me confused
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the part you got confused on is the part that would have helped you.

In your browser, type 192.168.2.1 to log into the router. Then you can follow the rest of the guide on how to set up port forwarding/virtual servers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: