Same old problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiprs
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Same old problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using Comcast broadband and Belkin router. I can see my site internally, but external people not able to access my site. I read almost every other topic in this forum.
I did followed the port forward instructions, and opened port 8000 (which is the port Abyss using) and tried to access site using my external IP (Found through Aprelium. ).
It didn’t work, though I am able to access my site internally.

I restarted my machine, router, and modem and tried all other options like used ports 81, 8080, 9000 etc., still it didn’t work.

Then I took my pc out from firewall and placed in DMG, still it didn’t work.

Finally I physically removed my router and connected directly to my modem, it’s not working either.

I did noticed that I am getting “The page cannot be displayed” rather “Page not found”
My guess is some ware; something is blocking port, is ISP blocking the ports?

Please help me to find a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple tips; since I can't think of anything that would directly help your situation:

1) When you access your website from another machine (outside your network), make sure you append the port number (say it is port 8000, the put "http://yourip:8000/").
2) Make sure you are using the correct IP. Check your IP again to make sure (www.whatismyip.com), and make sure you aren't using any sort of proxy server. To check on proxies, go into Lan Settings, under Connections, in Internet Options (using IE).
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply

I checked the Proxy, some reason it was using a proxy which my corporate network uses (I never connected to corporate network using this pc, where as I connected with my lap top trough the same router which I am using for my pc, may be that is the reason I have proxy settings)

I removed proxy, restarted the machine, then I got external IP using whereismyip.com, then I called the site from some out side machine using http://<External Ip>:81 (Since I am using port 81 in Abysis now), it still din’t work, the error I got in external machine as follows

While trying to retrieve the URL: NONE://xxx.xx.xxx.x:80http://xx.xx.xxx.xxx:81/
The following error was encountered:
• Zero Sized Reply
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
iNaNimAtE
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What browser gave you that?

And also, when you removed the proxy server, you had a different IP, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Networking Issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: