help with phpbb's email and private massages???????????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xzenon
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: help with phpbb's email and private massages??????????? Reply with quote

hi i cant send email and private massages in my phpbb forum.
when i send an email i get this

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.HotPoP.com:25 in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\smtp.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\smtp.php:109) in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\smtp.php:109) in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\smtp.php:109) in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 477

and when i send private massages i get this massage

Could not connect to smtp host : 10060 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\smtp.php

do any one know whats wrong with my forum?????
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi xzenon, welcome to the forums. :)

Go into your php.ini and look for :
Code:
SMTP = localhost
Change it to whatever your email account uses to send mail
Code:
SMTP = smtp.youremail.com

Just below that, specify:
Code:
Sendmail_from = you@youremail.com

Then, go into your forum admin panel > general configurations
and change the smtp settings accordingly.

That should do it. If not, do a search for "SMTP" on this forum.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
xzenon
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Moxxnixx help .but i get the same error. when i try to send an private massage i get this

Could not connect to smtp host : 10060 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

DEBUG MODE

but the massage came to the user i send it to.
and i still cant send an email.i get this massage
first

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.HotPoP.com:25 in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\smtp.php on line 109

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\smtp.php:109) in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 474

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\smtp.php:109) in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 476

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\smtp.php:109) in C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\page_header.php on line 477

and then

General Error

DEBUG MODE

General Error

DEBUG MODE

i got my smtp from hotpop.com if that is the problem
Moxxnixx
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this,

If you got an email account from your ISP, use the smtp address that it uses.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
xzenon
-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i dont have one.but i dont need email.i want privet masseges to work normal.privet massages works but i get this error massage avery time i send one.

General Error
Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : C:\Program Files\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\emailer.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: