Abyss Restarter/Monthly Log Splitter Program Written

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wspollack
-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Abyss Restarter/Monthly Log Splitter Program Written Reply with quote

[Newly editted information starts here.]

My abyss-restarter (monthly log splitting, etc.) program had an installation glitch ONLY if you're running Windows 95, 98, or ME. If you had downloaded a version of abyss-restarter prior to the current version, 1.3, AND you're running 95, 98, or ME, please download 1.3, and the problem will be corrected. If you're running NT, Win2K, or XP, there is no need to download the new version. The program may be found at http://www.billanddot.com/downloads.htm. Thank you, Andrew, for helping me get through this problem.

[End of new editted information.]

Aprelium, et al.:

(I'm not sure that this is the correct sub-forum for this post, so move it somewhere else if you like.)

I've written a program that automatically (i.e., unattended):

1) Backs up the abyss.conf file.
2) Halts Abyss.
3) Renames access.log to a temporary name.
4) Restarts Abyss (which creates a new, empty, access.log)
5) Splits the saved-off log data into monthly files (or appends data to the current month's file), optionally removing your own IP lines, and then deletes the temporary log file.

The program runs only on 32-bit Windows platforms, and I've tested this running Abyss in default -- normal application -- mode and as a service (using FireDaemon, the way I usually run it).

Full documentation and an installation program can be found in a zip file as the "abyss-restarter" link on my (powered by Abyss) page:

http://www.billanddot.com/downloads.htm

I'd appreciate any but the nastiest feedback on this project.

Regards,

Bill
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: