php on my server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seany
-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: php on my server Reply with quote

ok I have got to the install now and it is giving these errors
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) in D:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

can anyone help
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: ya Reply with quote

php seems to be fine i think its becuase you dont have mysql installed
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Seany
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: mysql Reply with quote

i do but dont know if its the right one V1.4 is this ok .
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: php on my server Reply with quote

Seany wrote:
ok I have got to the install now and it is giving these errors
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) in D:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\db\mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

can anyone help

Ok I am now this far so can someone help plz less errors
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in D:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in D:\Abyss Web Server\htdocs\includes\db.php on line 60

-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User name and passwords

Did you addd the specific settings in the config files and are you sure that you have given permissions for mysql to access the internet in the trusted zone of your firewall?

(if you say firewall? whats one of themor I dont have one, get one from here www.zonealarm.com)

And you created the account from within them message boards setup??? if you have no database, you cant connect to it.

So check your php.ini config file for PHP and the ini or the console for mySQL. If you need to double check, use phpmyadmin to view the databases you have and to delete or make another one, somewhere along the lines you have made the same mistake as me, I had the same issue and a member helpd me out, it was several small things like the set up, I had to uninstall PHP and the phpmyadmin and start again. So you may well want to try again, DO NOT INSTALL OVER THE TOP of your existing installs, use Add/Remove to uninstall the MySQL & PHP and then install again.

Theirs a tutorial available within the forum that will help you install and password protect your phpmyadmin tool and also guide you to making a database and configuring your .ini files in PHP & MySQL.

L8rz
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
Seany
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: php Reply with quote

Thanks for the help i will try again from the start sorry but i am new to setting up a server with php.

:lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: