Remote Access through console?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vitalichka
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Remote Access through console? Reply with quote

I have to be able to connect to the server from home and be able to change the files on it.

The server is running on a PC that has practically everything blocked on.
So I can't install an FTP server and have it point to the folder where I need the changes to occur.

So what I need to do is to be able to connect to the server files and be able to modify them remotly.

Is there anyway to do this?
Maybe using Aliases or something?

Thanks in advance.
Vitalichka

Anything should be helpful.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
gook
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: yep Reply with quote

there is one way, invison file manager just download it run the installer then login to the admin area and create a new user.

For Root Directory put C:/program files/abyss/htdocs web server or whatever your server installed

for Root URL put yoursite/h

then go to the counsole and go to alias and make a new one that points to your htdocs:::::So in other words put in real path put C:/program files/abyss/htdocs and in virtual path put /h
Vitalichka
-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man i just typed up a big ol message and right when i thought that i should copy the text, it took me back to the login screen.
I had a feeling I should backup the text but I was sure the site works well.

Anyway
to sum up all I said in the lost message.

The thing that "gook" talks about wont work because I can't install software onto the system. Abyss is running off of a floppy. (which was hard to do in the first place) It wont let me write to C and then copy. Some things work and some don't. It must have an acceptance list of what can be run and installed and what cannot be run. It's pretty much what all the admins use at campuses these days.

Anyway this is a summary of the whole thing that said.

Thanks anyway.
Oh yeah, i couldn't get into the site today from home because I think Iwas outside the network and maybe the firewall only allows browsing of only inside the network. It worked fine on the network and it didn't ask for router logins which shows that they have some good hardware. (expected) and I couldn't test from outside because I had no test subjects at the time.

Thanks
Summarized.
Vitalichka
gook
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

well i dont know any other advice to give you. :cry:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: