Switching from IIS 5.1 to Abyss with Active HTML not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anna
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Switching from IIS 5.1 to Abyss with Active HTML not working Reply with quote

Hello,
I need to switch to abyss webserver and I have sites that I need to host but I keep getting this error no matter what I do. I know the site works and it works well because It has been running on MY IIS server. It is a data driven cart and and I am completely lost Help please!!!!
These files are all there>>> I don't get it.
ASPEngine- Error 'ASP 0126 : 80004005'

Include file not found

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\baby\default.asp, line 1423

The Include file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\baby\menubar.asp' was not found.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mcwilliams132
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you referncing the include? Includes, like hyperlinks, should be referenced relatively...

such as I have a script under an ASP folder off the root of my web.

I'd include it like this:

<!--#include file="asp/myscript.asp" -->

I do not use an absolute path...it's only where the include is found within the site...not on the hard drive.

Also...if you're using the IIS path to files fron Abyss...you'd need to setup an alias to that folder in order for Abyss or ActiveHTML to access it.

Otherwise...copy your folders from IIS to under the Abyss htdocs folder and make sure your reference your links properly.

JP
:: "Lobster sticks to magnet!"
anna
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: IIS TO ABYSS CON't Reply with quote

I figured out what was wrong and have fixed that problem. The whole reason I had to make a switch was because my IIS 5 server only allows for up to 10 connections and I was constantly being bombarded by emails from users telling me that the server was busy. THis was unacceptable. Anyway I just copyied the folders and such but I had to reroute all the sites to there databases etc. I am very new at this my background is really in graphics. However, I am thinking mabe I need to go back to school. NOw I have messed up the abyss server by putting in too large of a value for session time out and I can't access it at all . I know there is a url I can go to directly to access the control panel. Since I almost have it going the last thing I want to do is uninstall and re install it. Any idea's? Also I hope I am write in assumeing that I can set the number of connections to a higher value than 10?

THe worst part of this entire endever is that it could of been avoided had microsoft not made it so you can only have 10 connections. THey want a ton of money for server editions. (what a racket)> I am beginning to hate them more and more)
Anyway. THanks for any help and I appreciate your quick responce.
Thanks and take care,
Anna
mcwilliams132
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

typically you can access the abyss control panel from the machine running it at:

http://localhost:10000

The port may be different if you changed it.

Yeah, it sucks that the personal edition of IIS only supports 10 connections (although there are undocumented hacks that can increase it to around 39 or so)...but we all have to remember, we live in a capitalistic society (thank God) and microsoft is a business just like any other trying to make money. If they included the full blown version of IIS in the deskotp version of windows...what would be the benifit of anyone buying the server version?

they call it PERSONAL EDITION for a reason...it's basically for development/test purposes only.

That's why Abyss is soooooo cool!

Sure you can download Red Had, Mandrake, or any other flavor of Linux, but be prepared to be bombarded with a foriegn interface, cryptic command line arguments, and difficult configuration. Not for the newbi...

anyways...abyss rocks.

try acessing the control panel from the machine running abyss by the link above...
:: "Lobster sticks to magnet!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Classic ASP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: