no phpbb2 admin tools!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmc
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: no phpbb2 admin tools! Reply with quote

Hi, All!
Big-time noob here - first time EVER playing with anything like this. So... problem is... I followed the tut's on here and got everything working OK (mysql,phpadmin etc). I even finally figured out that I could ignore COMPLETELY all the "tables" etc crap in phpMyAdmin for now. Ran the phpbb2 install and it seemed to go OK - told me "the next page will allow you to administer your bb..." etc.
BUT... I don't see ANY admin link! I get a little information window with "Yourdomain" and stuff at the top (which I guess is the default display for first time install, yeah?), and a message telling me to delete "Install" and "Contrib" directories. All links seem to point to the correct pages, but ALL return me to this page!
Do I have to delete these directories before the bb will work? Or am I just being a dumb**s???
Hope you can help!
John
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
jmc
-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: doh!!! Reply with quote

Thanx - sorted it out!
Bit the bullet and deleted the directories... All going smoothly now!
Guess I'm just a scaredy-cat!
Heh!
John.
Aeonandromere
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for an Admin link at the bottom of the page! You have to log-in first! Use the Username and password that the install asked for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: