File Permissions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhorst
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:37 pm    Post subject: File Permissions Reply with quote

How are file/directory permissions set for perl files? I am familiar on the Unix side using CHMOD, but I am wondering how you do this in w2k and Abyss?

http://www.dsmgarage.com
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: File Permissions Reply with quote

bhorst wrote:
How are file/directory permissions set for perl files? I am familiar on the Unix side using CHMOD, but I am wondering how you do this in w2k and Abyss?

There is almost nothing to do with file permissions under Windows. The only interesting flag is read-only which disables writing in the file.
So in the general case, you can ignore file permission with Perl scripts. All will run OK.
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, i do know that you can assign a per user permission on file in NT based systems, and IIS also uses a IUSR_MACHINENAME account to use as a user access. Does abyss use that or the system account? And is there anyway send a username to windows to authorize a script or a process to run (you know, like the runas command)?
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feamsr00 wrote:
Wait, i do know that you can assign a per user permission on file in NT based systems, and IIS also uses a IUSR_MACHINENAME account to use as a user access. Does abyss use that or the system account? And is there anyway send a username to windows to authorize a script or a process to run (you know, like the runas command)?

Abyss Web Server does not use any NT specific user permission to run. It runs under the priviledge of the user who launches the server and so it will be able to access file readable/writable by that user.
feamsr00
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I should be able to make a "inetuser" account and then run abyssws as (runas) inetuser, then set permission on files using the inetuser acount?
that would be cool
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feamsr00 wrote:
So I should be able to make a "inetuser" account and then run abyssws as (runas) inetuser, then set permission on files using the inetuser acount?
that would be cool

Yes, you can do so.
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feamsr00 wrote:
that would be cool

Yes, you can do so.
DLashley
-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feamsr00 wrote:
that would be cool

Newbie question: Isn't this basically the same as running the server in "safe mode" on a *nix system, or is that something else? :?
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something else entirely
DLashley
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. I think this is what CGI WRAP is.

Nevermind... :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: