Problems whith Routers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toxarus
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Problems whith Routers Reply with quote

I tried every thing, port forwording, proxy, but nothing is working. Possible my type of router (Netgear RP114) does not support port forvording at all! So, only way around is throu router away and connect directly to the modem Or...... You got any sugjestions
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
chance
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems whith Routers Reply with quote

toxarus wrote:
I tried every thing, port forwording, proxy, but nothing is working. Possible my type of router (Netgear RP114) does not support port forvording at all! So, only way around is throu router away and connect directly to the modem Or...... You got any sugjestions

toxarus

check out port forwarding for the RP114 at [/url]ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/netgear1/Reference_Guide_for_RP114.pdf[url] page 5-7

I found to use port forwarding with the Netgear stuff each machine on the network had to be assigned a permanent address, 192.168.0.x
For my server machine I assigned 192.168.0.5. Even if you are using a standalone machine I think you need to have a static machine IP for port forwarding.

The Routers address is 192.168.0.1. To access the router to set up port forwsrding, if you are using windows, click
Start >
Run >
type in: Telnet 192.168.0.1>
press Enter>
When the Command Prompt comes up and asks for your password enter 1234>
Press Enter>

This will get you to the Router Config Menu and you can now follow the port forwarding instructions in the On-Line Manual.

Good Luck
Chance

[/url]
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: