Virtual path doesn't work in Abyss Web Server

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bam
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Virtual path doesn't work in Abyss Web Server Reply with quote

I have problems with the setting of the virtual path in the Path Access Dialog.
The Virtual Path is called test. test is an local directory on C:\
My webpages including the index.html-file are located in this directory.
When I give the command: http://127.0.0.1/test and I logged in as a user defined in Users and Groups I get a Page Not Found Error.
When I give the command: http://127.0.0.1 I get the standard homepage of Abyss.

What I'm doing wrong? :(

Greetings,

Leon
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
os17fan
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude for real path on abyss just put your regular path that you would type on your computer and for virtual path put /test as shown below

Virtual path: /test

real path: c:\

For password protection , do this ! open your abyss console and go to users & groups , add a user then click ok, now go to access controle and click on add, put for virtual path /test and put for realm , a name you would like to call this passworded place, Order should be Allow/Deny , make sure your user information isn't in the deny part and put a check on allow access to what ever user name you want password access to. 8)

One thing I forgot to mention , if you have a default error page , please erase it and click add and add that error page in the custum error pages section

Thats it your done Punk !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: