another phpbb problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amt167
-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:38 pm    Post subject: another phpbb problem Reply with quote

when i try to run phpbb i get this error message:

Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: another phpbb problem Reply with quote

amt167 wrote:
when i try to run phpbb i get this error message:

Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.

Have you followed exactly the PHP installation instruction we provided at http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/php.html ?
We are sure that you don't. Your configuration is missing the REDIRECT_STATUS declaration.
So please, read carefully the documentation we provide. It will save your time and will help you run the server optimally.
amt167
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:00 am    Post subject: re another server problem Reply with quote

i have followed the instructions carefully but i still get the same message
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: re another server problem Reply with quote

amt167 wrote:
i have followed the instructions carefully but i still get the same message

Are you sure you have REDIRECT_STATUS declared in the CGI User Variables table ?
amt167
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:09 am    Post subject: re another phpbb problem Reply with quote

yes i know i have set redirect_status declared in the cgi user variables
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: re another phpbb problem Reply with quote

amt167 wrote:
yes i know i have set redirect_status declared in the cgi user variables

YOu must set it in CAPITAL LETTERS as written in the documentation (REDIRECT_STATUS and not redirect_status).
amt167
-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: phpbb troubles Reply with quote

IT IS in capital letters and it still aint working
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: phpbb troubles Reply with quote

amt167 wrote:
IT IS in capital letters and it still aint working

We are sorry. But we cannot provide further help. The standard PHP package works correctly with Abyss Web Server provided that you follow exactly our installation guidelines.
Try reinstalling PHP and reconfiguring it in Abyss Web Server.
Acraine
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Ack! Reply with quote

I am also having problems with PHP in Abyss. I get a redirect error, same as the one stated above. I have been trying to find a server that I can run oeasily on my computer taht will allow me to play with PHP, and this one looked most promising, but I cant get it to run my PHP! Are you sure there is nothing else you can do?
Acraine
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:15 pm    Post subject: Fxed it, but it could be dangerous! Reply with quote

Okay. I figured out how to get rid of that irratating little message, however, it requires getting rid of a bit of security. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Okay. Go into the Directory where you installed PHP. There will be a file named: PHP.ini-recommended. Open itwith notepad, or your favourite text editor.. Hit Ctrl+f. This will bring up a look for or similiar screen. type in REDIRECT_STATUS, and hit find. When it finds it, there will be a line of code that says:
cgi.force_redirect = 1
set it to
cgi.force_redirect = 0
this will turn of the force direct. Make sure that you are not running a server that requires a pass or anything. This will allow users who know what they are doing to funny access you PHP files in the httpdocs directories. Happy PHP!
Acraine
-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:19 pm    Post subject: Fxed it, but it could be dangerous! Reply with quote

Okay. I figured out how to get rid of that irratating little message, however, it requires getting rid of a bit of security. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Okay. Go into the Directory where you installed PHP. There will be a file named: PHP.ini-recommended. Open itwith notepad, or your favourite text editor.. Hit Ctrl+f. This will bring up a look for or similiar screen. type in REDIRECT_STATUS, and hit find. When it finds it, there will be a line of code that says:
cgi.force_redirect = 1
set it to
cgi.force_redirect = 0
this will turn of the force direct. Make sure that you are not running a server that requires a pass or anything. This will allow users who know what they are doing to funny access you PHP files in the httpdocs directories. Happy PHP!
aprelium
-

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Fxed it, but it could be dangerous! Reply with quote

Acraine wrote:

The operation you described is not dangerous for Abyss Web Server. The security risk PHP guys talk about concerns ONLY Apache.
Abyss Web Server uses a very secure method to call CGI scripts. This method addresses the security issues which can arise with Apache when running scripts.
SirMax
-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Fxed it, but it could be dangerous! Reply with quote

Acraine wrote:

THANKS Acraine,

Seems to many will post stating they had figured out how to fix something and not bother to share it with the rest of us....

This was what I needed to know and thanks again!

[WCD]
SirMax
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kip2001
-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Fxed it, but it could be dangerous! Reply with quote

Acraine wrote:

cgi.force_redirect = 1
set it to
cgi.force_redirect = 0

Ahh Help! I did that, and it still puts up the same error screen! Can someone please help me! :?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> PHP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: