anyone know how to use apache?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dai
-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: anyone know how to use apache? Reply with quote

Before I start I am not doing this to insult abyss webserver atal... this is the only good forum I know

I've just installed apeche2 (i'm hoping it willl support frontpage extensions).... I am extremely stuck with it... I've tried reading user guids etc..... but it might as well be Japanese..... I've put all my web pages and files into htdocs... I've put what I had to in cgi-bin........ but I can't figure out how to use it!!?? If anyone could give me an 'english' step by step guidee I would be very grateful
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kent
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dai, really your asking for help from the wrong people. Now if you were running abyss you would get the help you needed. I may be wrong but I personally think your barking up the wrong tree. Abyss is far better im not sure why you dont make the change? all over front page... which by the way sucks butt anyways. Any feature you want from front page you can get from any other free script on the net, you just have to put a little "typing" in your fingers.

Good luck,
Kent.

=================================================
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
0x3g3n
-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can probly help you

open the httpd.conf file, under the conf folder, everything in there should be self explanitory, and to see if its working goto http://yourip or http://yourip:port (if you set it to use a different port, other than 80), that should help. any more questions just ask..I used apache for a year before i found abyss :)
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dai
-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do have another question.... do you know if apache actually support front page extensions?
I have read through httpd... I plan to read through again because its all a bit hard to take in first time. I can get the monitor apache servers thing up... theres nothing there... should there be?
Also why did you move from Apache in the first place.. its just I've been told that Apache is the most popular and is the greatest and all the rest of it.... whats your opinion?

:cry: Kent believe me.... I have tried to use scripting sites for counters etc.... I can't figure them out... since I have front page and dreamweaver it would be a shame to waste it.... but please don't critisize the way I choose to do things.... trust me, if I find out abyss ever does start to support front page extensions I will be using it again because I like it! :cry:
Back to top View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kent
-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just putting my two cents worth in on the matter is all im not bad mouthing you dai dont be so defensive dude.
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: anyone know how to use apache? Reply with quote

dai wrote:
Before I start I am not doing this to insult abyss webserver atal... this is the only good forum I know

I've just installed apeche2 (i'm hoping it willl support frontpage extensions).... I am extremely stuck with it... I've tried reading user guids etc..... but it might as well be Japanese..... I've put all my web pages and files into htdocs... I've put what I had to in cgi-bin........ but I can't figure out how to use it!!?? If anyone could give me an 'english' step by step guidee I would be very grateful

Since I do not use Frontpage or focus on it, I am not too sure. But according to Apache site information, the do not seem to have frontpage extension that I can find.
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks alot capfusion
CapFusion
-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dai wrote:
ok thanks alot capfusion

No problem. If you have other question that I can answer, please post. Otherwise other may have the same problem and may have the answer.
-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CENSORED point of me getting Abyss is because I didn;t like Apache!!!! I HATE IT I F**3ing HATE IT! wait till you see my custom themes for the Abyss console your see!!! YOUR ALL SEEE!!!!!!!!!! I WISH APACHE BLEW THE F**K UP! :twisted: :evil:

( some time later that week) Sorry I guess I was mad at apache for something?
-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Weapons....chill and mature a little bud

Brian
AwPhuch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: anyone know how to use apache? Reply with quote

dai wrote:

bah, i wouldnt bother. yes, its way better than abyss (for now), but its WAAAAY too un-user friendly, even with all the documentation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Off Topic Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: