cgi-bin problem?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbrockie
-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: cgi-bin problem? Reply with quote

thanks to tech support for help so far.

my web page, when calling a perl script in the cgi-bin, cannot return it. If the web page FORM ACTION = "" file path is restricted to /cgi-bin/ , the cgi-bin directory is returned. Why is the script not being returned? - the script runs fine in a ms dos window and the active state interpreter finds no errors with it.

thanks
Keith
Back to top View user's profile Send private message
rochesu
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not clearly understand your question, could you make it more understandable.

I think the error may be one of the following :
1. Your script should have - print "Content-type:text/html\n\n"; - at the top of the script. This ensures the text coding that the browser will understand.
2. Try using the METHOD in the FORM tag. - <FORM METHOD=GET ACTION="your script">
3. Check your script, your script may have any errors (or even a missing semicolon) in it. In this case see your cgi.log log file of the abyss web server. This file is present in the "log" directory.
Axis
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kbrockie--

You say, "when calling a perl script in the cgi-bin, cannot return it. If the web page FORM ACTION = "" file path is restricted to /cgi-bin/ , the cgi-bin directory is returned."

I do not totally understand your question either. You don't mean that your form action="cgi-bin" do you? Usually the script is called with its extention something like this:

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="/cgi-bin/formmail/formmail.pl">

Does that help at all??? Or am I missing the point. :)

Regards,
Axis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aprelium Forum Index -> Perl All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: